Firebase DevSummit 2016 is Back!
It has been a year since Google has launched Firebase: the new version of its unified platform; since then the platform has been supplying services to developers which almost all of them are free of charge (limitedly, of course). One have been since eagerly waiting that Firebase brings more and more this year, and to discover it there’s no better way than attending the Firebase DevSummit 2016, taking place in Berlin. There was so much talk on the social media about the event and with The Marketing Heaven managing Firebase's youtube channel, one could see the hype being built right before their eyes. Now it was the time for it to commence. Once we were at the Hotel, with a 1° temperature that day, it was very heartwarming to see the colors of Firebase! A warmth that was soon confirmed by the quality of the hosting and the smile of the hostesses. From the principal hall, and during intermission breaks, it was a huge pleasure for me to share my experience as a developer with other participants from worldwide, these exchanges allowed me to sneak on some new hacks and to reflect on the experience of other developers, their daily and the challenges they face. Aside, a room, #askfirebase, opened its door the whole day to participants who want to exchange and ask questions to the experts of firebase who in their turn were responsive and engaged to serve the audience who were curious and determined to learn more more. During the session, Speakers had unveiled a number of updates; here bellow are some of them:
- Firebase Crush Reporting: The optimization of waiting time from 20min to only 1min and a better integration with analytics; it allows to have a pathway scenario that leads to crush.
- Firebase Test Lab : It belongs now on to spark plan with maximum of 5 tests a day with real devices and a maximum of 10 testes with the emulators.
- Firebase analytics: In case of need, there’s a possibility to analyse a big number of data, to export data Analytics to BigQuery that allow a better analysis
- Unity Plugin: It supports the Realtime database, the authentification, the Dynamic links and the Remote Configuration
- Open-source Ui Library: A libaray that supplies a group of graphic elements integrated with Firebase
- Udacity courses: Free of charges courses available at Udacity to help Android and iOS developers
- Debug View : Available on limited versions, analytics data can be tracked in real time, this can help developers to send notifications or to activate RemoteConfig according to users’ interaction.